Convert Flat Database to a Relation Database

dmarciano

Baseband Member
I'm hoping this is the correct forum for this post. If not, then I apologize in advance. In my company we are using a SQL Server 2005 Database to manage all our client and job records. However this database was originally designed by someone in the company who didn't know much about the database. We are reaching a point in our growth were this database needs to be converted to a relational database. So I copied the database locally to work with it. I used Access (2010) to analyze the database and set up the tables. When I go through the wizard I get to the last step where it shows all the data that seems to be similar so I can select what each record should be (correcting typographical errors step). This will eliminate duplicate client names, site names, etc. However there are over 10,000 records in the database, and to go through this manually would take a long time, as it seems there is no way to start it and finish it at a later time. Does anyone have an recommendation on how I can go about making this flat database into a relational database relatively easily? There is approximately between 16,000 and 17,000 records. Thanks in advanced for any help or suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom