wireless networking for customers

badbjd

Beta member
I have a usrobotics 8054 and I would like to be able to set it up for customers to be able to have access to internet while they wait. Is this possible with this router? Do I need any other software? I also want to be able to have the wireless be unavailable after hours so people dont just hang out in the parking lot after hours and enjoy free internet. Here is my setup:

linksys model befsx41 that feeds the usr 8054 and 2-8port switches. the usr8054 is used just as an access point right now.

So they could get access on their laptops? if you just want it for in store use i would setup a wired network.

Dishdog said:
So they could get access on their laptops? if you just want it for in store use i would setup a wired network.

That would also solve your problem of people "stealing" your Internet connection from the car park. It's also less of a headache because you have direct control over all the machines, and means the customers don't have to go to the trouble of bringing their own laptop with them.

If your router has it, you can change the antenna transmit power so that the signal reaches a certain distance. For example, mine can go from 100% to 12.5%.

I would prefer wired internet for desktops not laptops cause there are limited amount of ethernet ports to plug in to and some people can trip over them...

Back
Top Bottom