wireless broadband

london11

Beta member
hi,
i live in uk, and i have just bought 2 pc's for the kids for christmas,im on aol broadband, and have just bought a adsl modem/router with a 4 port ethernet card and a wireless lan pci adapter, the pc i'm on now does not have a network card, do i need one to be able to send a internet connection to another pc, (the other pc's have a network card)also someone told me i'll have problems because i'm on aol broadband
thanks

You need to install Wireless NIC (network interface card) on all of the PCs, then you need to have a wireless router, and then finally a wireless modem. If I was you I would just use straight wire, it's a lot faster and to me at least, more reliable.

I do not think there is such a thing as a wireless modem ???
If you already have a modem / router or just a router AND it is not wireless you can buy an access point or AP, to connect to the router to broadcast wireless. Just make sure it is what ever format your wireless NICs are....ie 802.11b or 802.11g or both. If you get wireless up and going do not forget to set encryption either WEP or WPA, keeps others from surfing in, all the othe stuff like hiding your SSID , turning off SSID broadcast, changing the chanel ..etc are a waste of time , just set encryption.

Back
Top Bottom