Where to learn about networking

at home :)
set up a server or just link some computers together, play about with file sharing, printer sharing, router setup, etc, etc. thats a good way to learn. also read the heaps of info on the net.
thats enough to get you going, but depends how advanced you want to go. if you wanted to persue it as a career you would need to look into courses asap

well im only 14 and i would like to have a career doing something with computers but im not sure exactly what. So right now im just trying to find out little bits of stuff about programming and networking and all sorts of different things so that way i can find something i like.

maybe learn some html, make a site, and set up your computer as a webserver to host it. that would teach you a few things. as i said above just mess about with different things. as your only 14 i wouldnt get too serious just yet

Does it make it easier for hackers to access your computer if you are the host of a webserver?
in theory yes, but im not too experienced in this. securing it is all part of the experience. a router acts as a firewall for a start

Back
Top Bottom