Wanting a new router

newjacksm

In Runtime
Well I have had my router for a long time and I am thinking of upgrading to wireless.

I have a Linksys wired router and the only really reason I want to upgrade is for the Wi-Fi for the laptops,xbox,hand-helds.

But the computers are close enough to use the wires... So this is why I am here, is there a router that has both wireless and wire connections?

I looked up on Linksys, and I thought I saw one and that was the Linksys Model # WRT150N they are selling them at best buy for 99.99

Figured I should come here and make sure, and see what people have to see as far as opinions go..

-Greg

I have yet to see a wireless router that does not have atleast a four port switch on it like normal hard-wire routers do. Odds are, any wireless router you buy will work hard wire.

Personally, I would look at d-link routers. Personal preferance puts them at a little better quality on routers, plus an easier set up.

i like netgear, but its just a personal preference i guess.
most, if not all wireless routers will come with atleast 1 or 2 ethernet ports, and maybe some usb ports aswell

I would try a new router, after learning how to port-foward ip's on the linksys I dont wanna try out how to do it on any other router, it was annoying as all hell trying to figure that one out.

But thanks for the input, ill do a little more research before I actually pick up another linksys, I have had problems with it before..

well the first one is a wireless N router, so in theory that is future proof. they dont give much info on each. id google them both. although id say the top was better

I would go with the second one, the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54. It's plenty fast with stable connections. From what I have read, Buffalo products are very reliable. Besides, wireless N isn't finalized yet and it's cheaper than the first one you listed. :D

I have the cheapo netgear low end wireless model, and I have had zero problems with it. it is very nice, supports wep and wpa, and all sorts of fun goodies.

Back
Top Bottom