simple internet problem

droo09

Baseband Member
Hi I just got new internet service and am trying to login through vista, but am having trouble getting connected. It is asking for user, domain login and password, and I think the problem is the domain.

Have you contacted your new ISP for instructions on how to use the service?

Contact your ISP.

However, what your trying to do sounds like you're trying to login to Windows. Is this an old business computer. You most likely don't have a 'domain' at your house. If so, you'll need to contact the person you got it from to have them remove it from their domain for you. Then you'll be able to get into Windows and can use the computer like normal from there.

Contact your ISP.

However, what your trying to do sounds like you're trying to login to Windows. Is this an old business computer. You most likely don't have a 'domain' at your house. If so, you'll need to contact the person you got it from to have them remove it from their domain for you. Then you'll be able to get into Windows and can use the computer like normal from there.

Thats what I was confused about... I never "login" to the internet... just plug my computer into the router and go at it. The only exception is when I'm on campus and using there wireless internet... then I have to log on to their network but not the internet.

Yeah, I don't think this issue has anything to do with the ISP. It sounds like the computer is used and has come from a business that had a domain. In which case the computer will need to be taken off the domain before the OP can use it properly.

Back
Top Bottom