recommend reliable router

iffy

In Runtime
I have a small office network that utilises a router. Now I do not do anything complicated at all just file sharing and internet. However the current router I have can for no reason lose connection. Now I was wondering if users can recommend a reliable router that will do the job and not give me problems?

am i the only one or is there a consistant issue with routers
it seems that they just need to be reset (i.e. unplugged for 10 sec, then plugged back in)
every few days to stay at peak

I had a netgear for 5 years before it died last year and I unplugged the thing maybe 4 times the entire time I had it. I went to a new one and the same thing lasted 2 years until I switched my internet to Uverse and no longer needed the wireless router. Oh yea the uverse has a built in netgear so I'm still a netgear guy..

About three years ago I switched from DSL to cable for internet access. The phone company provided a router for the DSL service, but with cable I decided to use my own router. I happened to have a Trendnet TW100-S4W1CA that I purchased for experimentation. So, I installed the Trendnet router figuring that I could replace it with something better later on. Well, three years later and it is still working flawlessly...

I used to use linksys for a long while and then I recently switched over to a Netgear WNDR3700 dual band that I am in love with.

Back
Top Bottom