Question for all the smart people

raptorx03

Beta member
My internet has been so amazingly slow lately it's insane. I'm on cable and it used to be fast, I mean very fast.

I've been trying to figure out why it's been so slow I've called my ISP and they are the same as they used to be and all my friends on them are fast too.

My parents don't trust me being on the internet after 12am so they unplug my router at 12am so I can't be online all night. is that probably why my internet is being so slow? ever since they've been doing that my inet is being so slow. and I don't have any idea why but it's getting so frusterating. :mad: any help/suggestions?

There could be a software issue - perhaps a virus or some other malware interfering with your connection. Do a system scan for viruses and adware/spyware.

Leaving your router plugged in is key to keeping your higher speeds. You get the best connection when your router has been active for longer periods of time. I have noticed the same thing on my computter as home. When unplugged or turned off it takes about a day for my connection to return back to normal. Tell your parents that it's screwing up your connection and they need to keep it on.

If your parents don't believe you, refer them to this post. Parents...they can be so old and so technologically intuned.

do a google search for bandwidth tester theres alot of sites that will test your download and upload speeds and compare them with others in your area. Its probable not very good for them to unplug the router everyday like that , Theres other things they could do like just unplug your cable from the router. Routers are not meant to be turned on and off every day like that

Back
Top Bottom