Printer

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Hello hwo do i print from my computer to the other my set up here:

PC+PRINTER+ENTHERNET TO ROUTER THEN ROUTER TO BROADBAND +ROUTER TO MY OTHER PC, i have set up my network (Home) Now all i need to do is print from my pc to the other pc were the printer is i dont have a printer on mine but the other 1 has and can some 1 plz go threw step 1 please.

just go to ADD PRINTER.. add it as a LOCAL PRINTER but UNCHECK "automatically detect printer".. then you want to add it as a LOCAL PORT.. when it display a white box "where you can type something" then you need to type the UNC (universal naming convention) of your other computer along with the printer share name..

for example:

if your computer (that has the printer) name is home-computer and you shared your printer as lets say "printer" then on the 2nd computer (1 that doesn't have the printer) for that local port you'll type \\home-computer\printer... then it will add the local port for print sharing.. then you just need to install the drivers.. "recommendation: share your print drivers on your host computer so your other computer could just grap the drivers off it".

any problems PM me.. its relatively easy.. this setup above is for print servers but its the same thing. your main computer will just act as a print server.

or actually an easier way just when you go to add printers just check "add printer that exists on another computer" then just hit find printer and it should automatically find the printer if you have the printer shared on your host computer.

Back
Top Bottom