New computer, clueless about the networking problems !

Zepplin09

Beta member
I just purchased a computer (custom) a few days ago and tried it today. My problem is I CANNOT connect to the internet, this could be a variety of problems, but I think that the main problem is the lack of network drivers. I'm prettyy tech-savvy and have found out this much but I need to find a loophole without my techbud, otherwise I'd have to wait a long time to get my computer there & back. So is there any way to find a specific driver for a direct wired connection?

Sure is, what motherboard do you have? Do you have a separate NIC? I assume it's onboard...

Visit the ASRock support page, you should be able to find the model of motherboard there. Most motherboards also come with a driver CD, if you haven't tried that already.
ASRock > Support

Otherwise, under control panel, system and security, then system you will find "device manager" on the left. Right clicking on network adapters and selecting "scan for hardware changes" may put windows into "find a driver for this" mode. Otherwise right click the problematic device (should be a yellow triangle) and select "update driver software."

Post any problems.

Back
Top Bottom