My ethernet is connected, but I can't go online

BruMeister

Solid State Member
My ethernet cable is connected to my computer and my router (the green light on the router confirms it). But I get the yellow cautionary sign on the lower bottom right of my screen saying I do not have internet access. All my other computers have internet access. What do I do?

tell us more
follow these directions
start > run > cmd.exe > ipconfig/all
and if you can post a screen shot of that it would be great
if not
there will be alot of typing for you to do

Try unplugging the router and plugging it back in. If that doesn't work, try unplugging the ethernet cable and plugging it back in (with the router on, if it doesn't work then plug it into a different ethernet port on your router). If it still doesn't work, then look around in your router settings. You may have to manually allow the computer in the settings (depending on how you have it setup).

The other thing to keep in mind is that Windows 7 will say no connectivity on IPv6, but IPv4 may be connected just fine. I've had that pop up in Win 7 from time to time when nothing was wrong.

In newer versions of windows it can do this if you have a connection to the network (ie the router) but it's not connecting to the net. You first need to find out if you are getting the right connection to the router.

Which version of Windows are you running?

Back
Top Bottom