internet connection through my pc

iffy

In Runtime
I have xp home edition running on my pc that is connected to the internet through a wnic. I want to connect to the internet with my xbox and was wondering if i could do it using the vacant nic on the system?

im guessing WNIC is Wireless Networking Interface Card and NIC is Networking Interface Card...

I have heard of people getting the connection through the vacant network card, though I have never had success myself... There seems to be some lag problems... If it is a 360, I'd go ahead and spend the $100 and get the wireless network adapter designed for the xbox... If it isn't a 360, they make a wireless adapter for the old xbox.

The problem with the xbox wireless card is that I have heard it drops connections quite frequently

this is in regards to the xbox360

The problem with the xbox wireless card is that I have heard it drops connections quite frequently

this is in regards to the xbox360

My buddy has one of the wireless adapters and his 360 sits pretty much in a cabinet on the opposite side of the house and he doesn't have any issues.

As for your other question:
- plug Ethernet cable from xbox to NIC.
- Open up network connections.
- Right click on your wireless card and click properties.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Check "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection"
- Click ok.
It should be working now, give it a shot. This is how I did it with my laptop before I moved my router to get a wired connection for less lag. I didn't notice that this lagged any more than the wireless usb adapter unless you are doing a lot of processing on the computer.

You will needs a crossover cable to do what xtremezx2 is talking about. This isn't a problem, but just plugging in a standard ethernet cable just won't work. Just go to your local computer store, or a big box store and they will have exactly what you need.

Cheers!

You will needs a crossover cable to do what xtremezx2 is talking about. This isn't a problem, but just plugging in a standard ethernet cable just won't work. Just go to your local computer store, or a big box store and they will have exactly what you need.

Cheers!

I never needed one....

I never needed one....

Again, with your immunity to crossover cables.. What's with you and being the only person that the laws of networking do not apply to? :cool:

I'm beginning to wonder if you know what it is... Maybe you just had one the whole time and didn't even know it.

Well, I had it working and I don't own a crossover cable. How do you explain that?? I did this for 2 weeks until I got sick of it and moved my modem and router. I have no immunity to crossovers and for some they come in handy. I'm stating a personal experience.

And unless the network fairy came and made me a crossover cable in the middle of the night I don't have one.

Back
Top Bottom