Help with WiFi

mkipps

Solid State Member
I can connect to WiFi at any business or workplace I go to, but once I am connected I can't connect to the internet. My browser keeps telling me that it can"t find the search page Can anyone help?

Wherever you are connecting to, may have something setup on their wireless connection to not allow anonymous users.. may be a MAC address block..

Dan said:
Wherever you are connecting to, may have something setup on their wireless connection to not allow anonymous users.. may be a MAC address block..

if he was connected her should have access to the internet unless its filtered. Try to ping yahoo.com first, if you get 4 replies then you have a connection. If you cant access their website then check your firewall and browser settings.

I used to be able to log on, I keep getting messages that there is an IP conflict with another computer on the network too. My Firewall and Browser setting haven't been changed at all.

ok, if you say there is an ip conflict thats a good sign that you ARENT connected. I was assuming you could connect due to the fact that the original post said that you could connect. Is the IP conflict with the private network IP or with IP you use to get on the internet?

I think it is with the IP I use to get on the internet. I have tried IPconfig and it doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom