HELP!! Network Disconnects and Reconnects!

jonline

Solid State Member
I am on a Sony VAIO RB-34G desktop running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2. I am connected to a 2Wire (AT&T) HomePortal 1000SW wireless gateway and a EN104TP Netgear hub viaa Linksys External USB Wireless Network Adapter model #WUSB54AG.

This computer disconnects and reconnects contantly, without warning. It could be as little as 5 seconds, or as much as a day between each of these disconnects. It reconnects within about 15 seconds. The odd thing is that when it reconnects and even just before it disconnects, it has a "Very Good" signal strength. I have tried many things and I'm not sure what else to do.

The thing is, I have several wireless computers on this computer, and none of them ever have any trouble with this. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in how to get this computer to STAY connected. It is not very easy to do things such as streaming, instant messaging, uploading, downloading, etc. when the wireless internet continually drops. Any prompt help would be nice. Thanks in advance.

My wireless connection constantly dropped, and I solved the problem by changing the wireless channel to 1. I also had the problem that when someone answered the phone, I lost connection on my computer but not on another wireless connected computer. It may just be that the computer is to far away from the wireless gateway. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom