help. need better network signal

darkserpant

In Runtime
Hi, I hope i"m in the right forum. If not I appologize. I live on top of a mountain deep in the stix. Outside I get 2 or 3 bars of signal strength on my verizon cell phone. I bought a Verizon wireless network usb card for my laptop so I can get internet. We dont have cable or dsl internet available to us. But inside my house I sometimes only get 1 bar if that and get dropped about every 5 minutes from the net. What do I need to bring in a better signal to my wireless usb card? I was hoping to find something at a local store that way if it doesent work well in my area I could return fairly easy. Thank you very much for your help.

Unfortunately, you are reliant completely on the Verizon waves getting to that particular device without interference/loss. You can try positioning the computer closer to your window, or ask Verizon if they have any advice.

Otherwise, to my knowledge at least, your not going to be able to do much else to expand the coverage of a wireless air card.

It is fully dependent on the verizon towers. I don't think there's much you can do. You could see if verizon will help you. Sorry I can't provide a better answer.

You could try a satellite service provider. It is most often the case that where 3/4G do not reach, satellite is the only other viable option to receive internet connection. There are many available plans out there (check out: http://www.mybluedish.com/) and most are very affordable. Thus, if you are fed up with faulty wireless from verizon, it might be time to switch and go the alternate route of satellite.

I hope this helps!

You can make yourself a recieve look online how to make them they are cool you can make them powerful enough to steel a neighbors wireless over a block away had a friends buddy how was doing that and then selling off the wireless lmao

Back
Top Bottom