Dlink DIR-625, power-out last night, not connecting to internet

Treymac

Beta member
Hey guys.

I just bought a new router, D-link DIR-625. I bough it because my previous D-link router DI-624, after 3 years, conked out. It's been a week with my new router, we had a second power-out last night, and this morning non of the computers could connect to the internet. The router is accessible, and so are all the computers connected to the lan (wireless, and direct), it's just that the router can't detect the internet anymore. Even after I manually reenter all the ip addressing information from the ISP (subnet mask, dns, etc.) I've tried everything I can think of, resetting the router, re-installing the firmware, unplugging the router, and the modem, etc. Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts for this?

One more thing, I've been playing a lot of NHL 2008 for the PS2 online, through the router. I started that about a week before my old router called it quits. And now after playing for a week on this new router, it is also not working properly. Could the PS2 be working the router too hard?

Perhaps your modem was affected by a power-surge when power was restored? I experienced a similar problem with a Linksys switch not allowing me network my computers. I ended up having to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom