Can't connect to other Networks

JustinLe11

Beta member
I can only connect to Atlantis, and not Linksys. Linksys doesn't even appear on the Networks list on the computer. On my brother's laptop, which is in the same room and everything, it shows up. Why does this happen?

Few more details would be helpful here! What are the routers you're trying to connect to? What operating systems are you using? Is the signal strength strong in the room you're in or pretty weak? Are both networks set to broadcast SSIDs?

Few more details would be helpful here! What are the routers you're trying to connect to? What operating systems are you using? Is the signal strength strong in the room you're in or pretty weak? Are both networks set to broadcast SSIDs?

I have no idea... All I know is that the router is in a neighbor's house, and it's unsecured. When my brother connects to it, it's pretty weak, I think. But if my brother's laptop were to be placed where my desktop is, he would still be able to connect fine.

I have no idea... All I know is that the router is in a neighbor's house, and it's unsecured.
Well, at least you've got consent from your neighbour that you're allowed to use his network yes? Yes?

When my brother connects to it, it's pretty weak, I think. But if my brother's laptop were to be placed where my desktop is, he would still be able to connect fine.
Chances are your brother's laptop has a better antenna / card than your desktop, and as such it's picking up something you can't. A bit like if you put a TV aerial and a coathanger in the same place one would pick up all the channels beautifully and the other would, well, not.

Well, at least you've got consent from your neighbour that you're allowed to use his network yes? Yes?

Chances are your brother's laptop has a better antenna / card than your desktop, and as such it's picking up something you can't. A bit like if you put a TV aerial and a coathanger in the same place one would pick up all the channels beautifully and the other would, well, not.

Yes, the neighbor allows me, as he is one of my dad's fellow workers. I used to be able to connect to that network. Years ago, he did something, though. I don't know why, but he got mad and he went on my computer and told me I can't go on Linksys anymore. I don't understand how he did it. So, I'm guessing he is the one that somehow made me not be able to connect to Linksys.

Back
Top Bottom