cannot create internet connection

laziazznd

Beta member
my friend is staying over at my house for a week so he brought over his comp so we went out and got an extra Ethernet cable. i plugged it in my linksy router which is in my moms room and ran the cable to my room. i connected to his computer and he got internet. i turned on my computer and my internet was gone. i checked the router and the light was on so i checked my connections and there was no internet connection. i tried to create a new connection but whenever im done nothing happens. --> Create a new connection>connect to the internet>setup my connection manually>Connect using a broadband connection that is always on> then finish but nothing happens. help anyone?

it may be your internet i know its dumb but some internet provider only allow 1 connection per modem also it may be the router cant take it try a differ router and is your network card shot?

well my moms computer and my friends computer has internet but me. i dont know if my network card is bad or not im having my friend check it out tomarrow. but do you know any other way to fix it?

hmm the only other thing i could think of is the port on your modem being fried do you have another modem you can try?

could be several things, a faulty cable, nic, port on the router, etc..
you shouldnt need to setup a new connection. as long as the nic is enabled you just shuv the ethernet cable in and it obtains the ip and stuff automatically.

maybe its best if your friend checks it out

well i checked my moms device manager and mines and it seems that im missing a "network adapters". i think thats why im not getting any internet. is there a way to install it back in?

Its not showing up at all? Is your network card onboard or a pci card. If its onboard it may be disabled in your BIOS which is why its not showing up in the device manager. If its a pci card and its not showing up your card may be dead.

Back
Top Bottom