Can i Connect/Network a Computer on a LAN to a LAptop on a WAN?

ataextreme

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

IS it possible for me to connect/Network a Desktop using LAN to a Laptop using WAN?

The Desktop is running XP and is etherneted to my NetComm NB9W Wireless Broadband Modem Router.

The Laptop is connected to the sam Router through WAN.

Can anyone tell me how?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

IS it possible for me to connect/Network a Desktop using LAN to a Laptop using WAN?

If I'm reading this correctly then yes. The *notebook* would be using the wireless feature on the router, while the *desktop* would be plugged into one of the LAN ports on the back of the router. Therefore, one is using 'wired' (cat5) the other one is using 'wireless' (no cable to router/AP) ;)

sounds like the desktop is hooked up via ethernet and the laptop is connecting wirelessly. pretty simple. once they are both connected just go to "view workgroup computers" in "my network places". if they are on different workgroups then go to the address bar and click the down arrow thing and when it brings up the list of things click on "entire network". if you cant get access to the one computer from the other you may need to run the home network setup from the control panel

Back
Top Bottom