belkin router help

xnycen

Beta member
im using verizon dsl right now, how come when i connnect through the router with other 2 computers, the internet would automatically disconnect after 3-4 minutes ??? then i have to shut down the router and modem in order to get it back on.!!!!!!!!!!!!! help !!!!!!!!thnaks..

we have three computers, with a F5D5231-4 Belkin router

Our router goes down about once every 3 or so hours(after i changed the router settings connection type from dynamic to pppoe it goes down every 3 minutes...)... i look and everything is connected right and our cable modem is connected to the internet... so i unplug the router and plug it back in, then it works again for three or so hours.... then it goes down.... I called belkin they couldn't solve the problem, so they sent me a new router but it still don't work, sitll having the same problem..........-.- ...............

i did an post about setting up a lan succesfully using a belkin router, when i get home from school ill post it for you, it includes successful Ip'ing, connectivity and sharing!

try updating the firmware in the router... a lot of times when a router goes out like that its either because of the firmware in the router or the TTL in the router and ISP.

Back
Top Bottom