Bandwidth Dropped On DSL

green101

Baseband Member
About 4 days ago my bandwidth suddenly dropped for some reason, there may have been a storm that day or something but i forgot now. Well now on my firewall i had more incoming speed before and now its cut in half. No its no spyware, i have 2 firewalls up, they both show no other data transfer besides the things im running. But yea my bandwidth got cut in half so now im watching videos much slower than normal. Can someone tell me what happened and how i should fix it?

call your ISP, tell them the problem... you might get a new modem or router or something outta it. And dont forget to sound upset like because of this, you cant do anything on your computer.. so they get it fixed right

Do you download much? If you have a limited connection and you have reached your limit, then your ISP may have throttled your connection.

I will put money on your ISP having capped your bandwidth, run a speed test then see how much you shoud be getting, IF you have as raffaz mentioned been hammering downloads like big films then there isnt much you can do, apart from change ISP.

yeah but even if they capped the bandwidth shouldn't it be back to normal during the next month?

But anyway, just try rebooting the router first. Sometimes they do weird stuff, if I download a lot of stuff I usually have to reboot my router once in a month or two.

And if that doesn't work then call your ISP.

Normally what happens is, you get an email from your ISP warning you of your usage then if you ignore it then they cap you, how long it lasts for I don't know, but most ISP have the fair usage policy now, I'm with Tiscali and theres is now downloading of big files between 6-11pm

Back
Top Bottom