Access Home Computer From Laptop

ChrisBull

Beta member
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section...
About our set up -
At my house I have a computer in my room, my parents both have laptops. We then have a home computer which we do not use. We recently had trouble with our wireless router and called a computer tech person to come sort it all out, it all works great but he says we must keep the home computer on at all times but shouldn't use it and didn't explain why, I think he said something about it acting as a hub for the others but i really don't know.

My Question
Iv'e tried to inform you as much as possible about our set up. I will be going to university next year and so have bought a laptop to take, as my computer is too heavy and powerful for what i'll be using it for.
So i would like to know if there is some way that on my laptop I can have an area which goes to my home computer so i can always access its files (and possibly run programs from it?). I would ideally like to have my computer turned of at all times at home which is why i mentioned that we keep the home computer on at all times..
I know this doesn't really make much sense but i can't think how else to explain it...
Thank you for your time.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom