I'm Michael!

Michael19xx

Baseband Member
That much should be obvious though just from looking at my username.

I've come here because I'm trying desperately to learn more about building computers as I scramble to get a desktop built for college. I live in a dorm, and I don't have any other means of entertainment, so I'd like a good desktop to game and do schoolwork on. It's starting to get hellish without it. Laptops arn't ever brought to classes here (It's a community college), but I do have a netbook for that just in case. Anybody else done that before? The desktop + netbook combo?

Anyway, its a pleasure to be here. Friendly folks so far, have gotten plenty of help.

Mate your looking for about 500 -600 I just don't the same thing I started music tech course this year and I just built a desktop to suit. New computers are easy once you buy a motherboard the manual has a manual with clearly labeled diagram of where to plug every thing.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Sorry about all the mistakes and I didn't mean to send it (bloody iPhone app)

I went with

Phenom 2 955 3.2ghz quad with lvl 3 cache 6mb
64gb sata 3 for system
And dropped a couple more hard drives
I think about 16gb ram running at 2100mhz
And a graphics card can make up the gaming it's just how far your prepared to go I spend £200 + on my card more than a console cost but now I can do 4k film editing :)

Mate your looking for about 500 -600 I just don't the same thing I started music tech course this year and I just built a desktop to suit. New computers are easy once you buy a motherboard the manual has a manual with clearly labeled diagram of where to plug every thing.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Sorry about all the mistakes and I didn't mean to send it (bloody iPhone app)

I went with

Phenom 2 955 3.2ghz quad with lvl 3 cache 6mb
64gb sata 3 for system
And dropped a couple more hard drives
I think about 16gb ram running at 2100mhz
And a graphics card can make up the gaming it's just how far your prepared to go I spend £200 + on my card more than a console cost but now I can do 4k film editing :)

I'm already working on a build, you can view it here:

http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/how-does-build-look-219013.html

I've come here because I'm trying desperately to learn more about building computers as I scramble to get a desktop built for college. I live in a dorm, and I don't have any other means of entertainment, so I'd like a good desktop to game and do schoolwork on. It's starting to get hellish without it. Laptops arn't ever brought to classes here (It's a community college), but I do have a netbook for that just in case. Anybody else done that before? The desktop + netbook combo?

Anyway, its a pleasure to be here. Friendly folks so far, have gotten plenty of help.

Welcome to the Forum!! :) My name is Nikki

Welcome to the forum mate!

I've almost got a desktop/netbook combo, but the laptop has an 11 inch screen, not 10 :D

We're all friendly and suportive (most the time :D ), so if you need any help with a build, don't hesitate to ask!

Back
Top Bottom