Hi, pleased to meet everyone!

donquixote86

Beta member
I am hoping someone here will be able to help me find a solution to an issue I'm having with my computer. I don't know how complicated it is or what's causing it, but any suggestions as to where to start will help a lot!

We bought this computer about 5 months ago. It is a Gateway FX6860 with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit operating system. We are using Norton 360 and have a battery backup (APC Back UPS XS1000).

Starting a few weeks ago, it has been mysteriously and annoyingly crashing. One way it seems possible to predict a crash is when I am trying to attach a file to a website (here on a post, for example, or on Craigslist, where it happened on 3 consecutive occasions upon hitting the browse button.) A black screen pops up for a split second, then a blue screen that states the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space, if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates, Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to selecet Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000001E (0XFFF.....)

Collecting data for crash dump....
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Beginning dump of physical memory,
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.

So anyways, I hate to bombard you guys with this, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, at start up, I usually get a pop-up message that says No battery backup present...Check that USB is connected properly...But that can't be or else the computer wouldn't be able to start!

Thanks a lot! :hide:

I am hoping someone here will be able to help me find a solution to an issue I'm having with my computer. I don't know how complicated it is or what's causing it, but any suggestions as to where to start will help a lot!

We bought this computer about 5 months ago. It is a Gateway FX6860 with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit operating system. We are using Norton 360 and have a battery backup (APC Back UPS XS1000).

Starting a few weeks ago, it has been mysteriously and annoyingly crashing. One way it seems possible to predict a crash is when I am trying to attach a file to a website (here on a post, for example, or on Craigslist, where it happened on 3 consecutive occasions upon hitting the browse button.) A black screen pops up for a split second, then a blue screen that states the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space, if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates, Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to selecet Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X0000001E (0XFFF.....)

Collecting data for crash dump....
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Beginning dump of physical memory,
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.

So anyways, I hate to bombard you guys with this, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, at start up, I usually get a pop-up message that says No battery backup present...Check that USB is connected properly...But that can't be or else the computer wouldn't be able to start!

Thanks a lot! :hide:

Welcome to the forum!! :)

Hiya donquixote86 :)

Look in your minidumps honey, 0X0000001E Usual causes > Memory, Device driver, System service, Compatibility, BIOS, Hardware.

Back
Top Bottom