Hey

yabbaman

Beta member
Hi Guys,

Basically need some advice on a system and getting absolutely frustrated as well out of my depth.
My long term plan is to capture and edit wedding videos. The so called experts at PC World say I need a laptop with at least an i5 processor with a good graphics card. So they steered me to a nice £650 laptop.
I know I cant upgrade processor or graphics card in a laptop so Im thinking I would prefer a desktop and then I can get a nice big monitor. This is where it gets confusing and cant find any answers, hence I have come to you gents.
Can I get a basic desktop of say ebay and upgrade as and when? I know you can upgrade bits on a desktop. I dont want to fork out on a decent system if it doesnt work out.
How does a quad core compare to an i5?

Will be using pinnacle software with a full hd camcorder.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks
Ian

First of all, hi and welcome to the forums :)
As for your eBay suggestion, that'll probably be your best bet unless you were willing to build it yourself. Are there any pcs in particular that you've been looking at?
As for the quad core vs i5, well an i5 processor is a quad core processor, so you may have to be more specific with your question

P.S. I forgot to mention it above, but I too would most likely go for a desktop over a laptop

Hi Guys,

Basically need some advice on a system and getting absolutely frustrated as well out of my depth.
My long term plan is to capture and edit wedding videos. The so called experts at PC World say I need a laptop with at least an i5 processor with a good graphics card. So they steered me to a nice £650 laptop.
I know I cant upgrade processor or graphics card in a laptop so Im thinking I would prefer a desktop and then I can get a nice big monitor. This is where it gets confusing and cant find any answers, hence I have come to you gents.
Can I get a basic desktop of say ebay and upgrade as and when? I know you can upgrade bits on a desktop. I dont want to fork out on a decent system if it doesnt work out.
How does a quad core compare to an i5?

Will be using pinnacle software with a full hd camcorder.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks
Ian

Welcome to the forum!! My name is Nikki!! Hope to see you around!!

Back
Top Bottom