bonjour...

ianh21

Beta member
hi all

joined sometime ago but never posted, EEK! thought i'd best get involved.

anyway, just upgraded my machine following Z77 mobo failure, had my i5 3570k sitting pretty cool at 4.5ghz for 2 years! suddenly stopped working, mobo posting all kinds of weird numbers so went Z97.

now own a i5 4690k which is at 4.2 ghz(under a antec khuler 1250), asrock extreme 6 mobo and 16 gig of hyper x 2400mhz beast ram, several hdd. waiting for m.2 ultra to come mainstream and will get on that bandwagon. have so many hdd's in my CM690III case that i'm going to get a micro server or build one with some other machines i have that should be sold!

hope to start website designing soon to earn some money using woodpress or CSS and dreamweaver, i have designed some good sites in the old days using the trusty old frontpage! those were the days.

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard, it looks like you've got an interest in loads of different areas of IT which is brilliant, you'll meet a lot of like-minded individuals here!

I hope you enjoy your stay :D

Hey, I'm the one supposed to say welcome aboard!

So, welcome aboard :D

Many HDD's? I'm running 1x 120GB SSD for the OS, 3x 4TB HDD's, 1x 2TB HDD and 1x 500GB 2.5" HDD in a detachable USB2 case (works at SATA2 speed when attached) for mobility. The case has an HDD dock that uses one SATA connection, or else I would have added one more 4TB HDD. With the optical drive, that makes 8 SATA connection, the maximum available.

:D

Back
Top Bottom