Is this power supply big enough

pitbull30

Baseband Member
Trying to narrow down a problem with random freezing. The mouse cursor freezes but the rest of the computer keeps going. Here is what I tried so far. Brand new mouse. Got a brand new hard drive and installed Ubuntu on it (i was planning to do this anyway). Ran Mem-test over night and no errors. Disconnected my GTS 250 card and ran graphics off the mother board. The arctic cooling freezer 64 fan came after this problem.

So now im looking at my power supply.

Here is my setup.

ASUS M3N78 Pro mobo
500 watt Ultra LS Power Supply
4gb memory
1tb Linux ubuntu SATA drive
500gb windows 7 SATA drive
XFX GTS 250 graphics card
3 random case fans
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 CPU cooler
AMD quad core 9500 CPU
LG IDE CD burner

This may sound absurd, but if you're using wireless internet try using wired, or just not connecting to the internet. I know that sometimes when I use my friends wifi on win7, it does a whole bunch of random stuff (audio stuttering, mouse stuttering), I assume it's from bad reception.

I'd agree with the wireless. I used to have a lot of freezing on my old P4 in Call of Duty 2 (single and multiplayer) which was solved by running a wire to my old bedroom.

Otherwise, if you are not using wireless then I'd try a different PSU if possible. From what I've heard (don't quote me on this) Ultra isn't the greatest.

If i was going to get a new psu i would not get an ultra as some of its reviews aren't the best. But I have not had experience with ultra. I would highly recommend reading alot of reviews though, you can learn heaps!

I'd agree with the wireless. I used to have a lot of freezing on my old P4 in Call of Duty 2 (single and multiplayer) which was solved by running a wire to my old bedroom.

Otherwise, if you are not using wireless then I'd try a different PSU if possible. From what I've heard (don't quote me on this) Ultra isn't the greatest.

Oh, thank god I'm not insane :p

If you do get another PSU though, I would go with a more respected/reliable brand such as Corsair

Thanks for the replies. I got the Ultra PSU as a bundle when I got my mobo and ram from tigerdirect.

I am not on wireless internet. I am on cable.

Back
Top Bottom