Reiyoku

In Runtime
Is it worth over clocking my AMD64 3500+ I have 750mb memory,

and my temps are the following:

CPU :30c Average
Motherboard : 30c Average
PWR:30c

Is my temps all right,

what and how would I overclock this thing, or how much can I do it too?

Those temps are fine. Anything above 60 is usually not good but not necessarily dangerous either. When you get above 70-75 then you should be really concerned, although of course the cooler the better.

If you want to overclock, you can do it from your motherboard BIOS. Press a key (usually DEL during the system POST to access your BIOS). Depending on your motherboard, you will have different options. Some have automatic overclocking which let you select different profiles and the motherboard will automatically OC the processor by bumping up the FSB. Usually you are given different levels of available overclocking if you have this option.

To really overclock manually, you should look in your BIOS for an option to change the FSB speed. The CPU speed is obtained by applying a multiplier to the FSB therefore when you increase the FSB you are also increasing the speed of the processor. Bump it up in small increments and see where you can hit a stable speed.

BTW: Iron Maiden FTW

I bumped the FSB speed up to 205 rather than 200 and my Cpu Temps are a little higher, only be 3 degrees but how much should I bump it up to, what is a stable temp

Like I said, anything under 60 you can live with. I would try to keep it under 50 though. Anywhere in the 30's is cool. 45+ you are getting a little warm. But again, anything under 60 is fine. Just try to keep it closer to 50.

Well For some reason the system started of at 33c rather then 30c, but now it's sort of gone back down to 31c lol is this good, could I higher the FSB even more?

Yes, 5mhz on the FSB is nothing, that is very minor overclocking.

Your CPU will be at different temperatures depending on the weather, whether you have air conditioning or not etc, so you can get different temperatures at different times.

You can definitely overclock some more, 5 mhz is nothing.

Give it some more time to heat up, the longer you run it at that speed the hotter it will get obviously. Also, what really turns up the heat in processors is when you increase the voltage to the CPU for more power.

How would I go about doing that? Could you give me a rough FSB rate that is safe to turn it up to, and for me to turn my PSU up to, I have a 450 watt Psu If you need any more info I can supply it.

Back
Top Bottom