New computer,Double clicking to get pages to load

Juan handed

In Runtime
I have recently started using a new HP laptop,equipped with Vista,I have never used vista. When surfing around it seems that pages will often take a long time to load.Sometimes it is instantly (yay!), sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more,when I get to watch the green progress scale on the bottom of the page go from left to right.Sometimes I get the windows explorer error message.

Now,if the page takes more than 10 seconds,I have taken to clicking the page a second time and most of the time it will load instantly at that point.

I am using AVG free and the windows security.

Is there a reason this is happening and what can I play around with?

thanks.

Are you on wireless? Could be a fluctuating signal. Happens when I'm on my network alot.

Are you on wireless? Could be a fluctuating signal. Happens when I'm on my network alot.

Yes I am.

But that is the first thing I checked when I noticed it.Checked the signal strength.It has never been anything less than "good"..Then I click repair,which then tell me,after about 30 seconds that "widows did not find any problems with your internet connection".

And when I go back to surfing,it's hit or miss on how long pages take to load.And I'm not talking graphics-heavy pages.

have you tried running on wired ether yet? Do that and give browsing a trial run.

Maybe I'll give that a try...but why would I be having more trouble loading an ordinary page over the wireless router on the new rig versus my 5 y.o. laptop?

And why is the 2nd click even working at all?

bad adapter perhaps. There's a lot that can go wrong, but doing certain things can allow us to narrow it.

Should I run speedtest and pingtest like the guy with the sucky computer here?

Should I run the tests wireless and wired and compare?

Just ran pingtest and it locked up and I can't close the widow out. :(

Back
Top Bottom