Geforce vs ATI

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
What is best geforce 4 ti 4800 or fx 5600 (i know about the direct x diffrence) and ATI 9800 vs Geforce fx 5950. Cheers

nVidia FX 5700 said:
Dominate your games with the power of the NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 and GeForce PCX 5750 GPUs. Powered by advanced NVIDIA® technologies including the CineFX™ 2.0 engine, UltraShadow™ technology, and the ForceWare™ unified software environment, the GeForce FX 5700 and GeForce PCX 5750 GPUs deliver high-performance cinematic gaming, and unmatched features, rock-solid stability, and compatibility with next-generation games.

ATi 9800 said:
RADEONâ„¢ 9800 series is the ultimate accelerator of the most demanding next-generation 3D titles, scenes and environments

Featuring highly programmable cinematic shader engines and support for the latest Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 and OpenGL® feature sets.

Experience unparalleled 3D visual realism with the advanced engineering of ATI technology.

RADEONâ„¢ 9800 series beats with the heart of a champion, backed by the latest CATALYSTâ„¢ software suite

The ATi is about £200, https://buy.ati.com/shopati/find.asp?find%5Fcategory=AP&find%5Fdescription=Products&find%5Fpart%5Fdesc=RADEON%209800&country=USA
The FX5700 (the closest I could find) is about £100, http://accessories.gateway.com/AccessoryStore/PC+Accessories_316441/Graphics+_A1_+Video_381951/Graphics+Cards_316685/AGP+Graphics+Cards_316688/2424816_proddetail.htm?ref=merch

Personally I would go with the FX5600 - being a contented and very happy FX5200 user who would after using it for only 2 months would recommend it to all who ask for recommendations! But my friend would tell you ATi this and ATi that and would say buy the ATi - its better its faster etc etc etc and I doubt he could prove that.

I say, however, to you, buy which ever one you want to buy - whichever one fits into you price category - or whichever one you feel is fastest if you don't care about price. I can tell you now thought - the FX and nVidia have done me proud for the last 2 and a bit Years and I think their boards are the top of the range and the fastest you can get in every particular price range from Budget to Top of the Range. But please don't base your judgement solely on that testemony! I would feel bad if it displeased you. I wish my friend were to come on here - he'd give you the other side of the story.

It depends what you want! But I hope I helped!

The difference of course being that the two Cards you pointed out are very different - the ATi having 256MB and the FX having 128MB, the FX 5700 does have 256MB and is still cheaper than the ATi and i'd imagine it would be equal in power if not faster!

Well is the geforce fx 5950 faster then the ati . You have helped me alot. When i asked about the geforce 4 ti 4800 and fx 5600 the problem is that i have got a fx 5600 and 4 ti 4800 and i don't know which one to put in cause the geforce 4 ti 4800 is faster but the fx has the fancy effects. Also i am a hardcore gamer so will the fx 5950 satify my needs more than the ati 9800 or are they the same thanks again

The FX5950 is obviously going to be the better one. ATi are fast, yes, and probably faster than their nVidia equal - but nVidia do more, and are more Powerful overall. For the big gamer; the FX5950 should be the one for you - depending on the price and your budget!

well i have got a limited budget so should i buy the fx 5900 cause they are dropping in price and i have read there is about 5 frame diffrence on most games.

Back
Top Bottom