DMS-59 Graphics card Connections

jameshezzy

Beta member
Ok so it's my first time on this forum,my question is,the DMS-59 connector on many dual-view,low profile graphics cards all need to have a dual-link dvi/vga connection on them.my question is can I use this type of connection with a single monitor,even with the dual connection cable on.I have a HP DC7700 small form factor,and form what i can tell it is very capable for many games due to the e6500 cpu and 1 gb ram.i know for most people the pentium d would hold them back but the pc only has a 240w psu so it will only run certain cards unless i upgrade the case,which is slightly harder due to the custom BTX board HP used.the card i want to use is an nvidia quadro nvs 90 as HP say on their website it is compatible with my pc.if you could recommend another better card that will work with my pc in its current state i would appreciate it but if not no problems.so any help would be very greatly appreciated.Thanks for the help.Also I hope I posted this in the right place

To tackle your original issue, as long as you have the dongle that connects to the card, then yes, you can use it. If you try to connect a DVI cable to that output, you'll notice it won't fit.

To tackle your original issue, as long as you have the dongle that connects to the card, then yes, you can use it. If you try to connect a DVI cable to that output, you'll notice it won't fit.
yes i understand that,but i don't understand what difference it will make if 2 moniters are connected opposed to one.i have only one moniter and i dont particularly want to buy another just for the sake of a cheap graphics card.

I read your first post. Unless you have that dongle, it won't matter. The dongle is what allows you to connect any monitors. Video cards don't limit you based on monitor count. At least I've never run into that kind of issue before.

Back
Top Bottom