Average Operating Tempetures.

mikeyakouba

Baseband Member
Hey guys!
What would you say the average operating temps are for your HDD, CPU and GPU? Any ideas? My new card that I just got idles between 49 and 50 C. and all the reviews on newegg were saying that it idles at like 34 C. its the gigabyte HD5770 SOC.

Thanks!

Cooling revolves around your case design, internal air flow and air pressure. Since every system is different, temps will differ. Aslong as the card is operating fine, not going above 90c~, your fine.

and even some cards and CPUs will do 90c and they're still well within their design limitations. People who get bent out of shape over high temps in some cases are just causing more headache for themselves.

Though for the more discerning people, here's some values I've noted over the years

Hard Drives - anywhere from 20-48*C is normal. Higher values on higher RPM drives are fine. Up to 65*C
Video Cards - anywhere from 30-80*C is normal. Higher than 90, depending on card, can be an indication of dust in the fan assembly. Take the shroud off and blow the card out, temps should return to normal.
CPUs - People go ape shit when temps are above 60*C. 60*C is a perfectly normal number for some generations, and Intel especially. If you have a CPU above 75*C then it's time to investigate why, but generally 30-60*C is normal.

Back
Top Bottom