Gaming Pc build

NeoG4m3r

Beta member
So I need a gaming PC build, I'm not talking GTA of Battlefield kind of games ( unless you can) but lighter games on steam like TF2, Planetside 2, Loadout along that kind of lines. My budget is around £700 unless I sell my console ( It will be a higher budget). I will need a monitor, mouse, and keyboard, but don't make them too overkill as I'd like to spend my money on a decent computer rather than OP peripherals. I don't mind windows 7 or 8 and the case can be whatever aslong as it has good cooling and isn't plain black and ugly. I would like a CD drive and USB sockets too.
Any help would be great.
Thanks!

I'm not a hardware guy by any means but I think this should do the trick. You'll still need the peripherals, but this should be a solid start for the computer.

Intel Core i5 4670K CPU/Gigabyte Z87 MB/8GB DDR3 1600 Patriot Xtreme Memory/WD Blue 1TB HDD/EVGA GF GTX 650 1GB VGA/Kingwin Case Fan/Kingwin 650W PSU/Ultra Xblaster Pro Case Barebones at TigerDirect.com

Like I said, I'm no hardware guy so if anyone else has any solutions or options please share them! I couldn't even tell you for certain where that hardware ranks in terms of "current generation" or "best" so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Looks alright, but I don't think the graphics card is very good and could fit in a better processor. Also it's in dollars, so I can't buy it. Thanks for replying anyway, atleast it gives me an idea.
Also others forgot to mention, I'm a bit of an Intel and Radeon fanboy, so it would be great if you could suggest those types.

I'm not a hardware guy by any means but I think this should do the trick. You'll still need the peripherals, but this should be a solid start for the computer.

Intel Core i5 4670K CPU/Gigabyte Z87 MB/8GB DDR3 1600 Patriot Xtreme Memory/WD Blue 1TB HDD/EVGA GF GTX 650 1GB VGA/Kingwin Case Fan/Kingwin 650W PSU/Ultra Xblaster Pro Case Barebones at TigerDirect.com

Like I said, I'm no hardware guy so if anyone else has any solutions or options please share them! I couldn't even tell you for certain where that hardware ranks in terms of "current generation" or "best" so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

This ^^

Looks alright, but I don't think the graphics card is very good and could fit in a better processor. Also it's in dollars, so I can't buy it. Thanks for replying anyway, atleast it gives me an idea.
Also others forgot to mention, I'm a bit of an Intel and Radeon fanboy, so it would be great if you could suggest those types.

That processor is the latest from Intel's haswell line. Just a better video card and you'll be ready to rumble.

Also Jmac you do a pretty good job for making recommendations on hardware and helping with problems..

Last edited:
I noticed you said you were an intell guy. I was to but i decided to give AMD a try. My whole build (with out monitor case or hdd) cost around $250 which equals £151.53. im running an A6-5400k processor, ASrock FM2A55M-VG3+ motherboard,
4gb DDR3 1600Mhz G.SKILL eco ram
a corsair cx 500 psu
Im using a HP wireless mouse and keyboard combo i found on Ebay.
Im running a LG dvd drive i found on Ebay
The case and HDD are old ones i had laying around and im using my TV as a monitor. With this set up im able to play battle field 3 on medium settings. The A6-5400K APU has an integrated Radeon HD 7450D graphics. Again i know you said you were an intel guy but i strongly suggest this build or or atleast similar if money is a big concern. As for a case i cant really reccomend any since i havent used any i just do sleeper builds (using oem cases ex. Dell, HP, Gateway) the case i used for this build is a premio. A brand that is no longer around they use to team up with microsoft. This case has front and rear 80mm fans (which is all that is really needed test have proven that any more case fans can acctually interfere with air flow) the front is for intake and rear is for exauhst. It has 2 5.25" bays i use 1 for DVD drive and one for cable storage since this is a micro ATX case there is a lot of extra cables and two 3.5" bays i use one for my hdd and 1 for my multi card reader the case also has 2 front usb 2.0 as well as 1 speaker and 1 mic jack. Im not sure if you can find it for sale but itd be worth a look ive painted mine black and blue to give it a more modern look but they come in the old school beige color older PCs are known for. Im running windows 7 home premium 64bit
If youre willing to try it let me know and ill post links to the items
Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Last edited:
Hi ! Should you be able to build the pc yourself because if you are willing to do that I will be more than happy to send you a good part list :)

Back
Top Bottom