problem w/my comp..possible hacking attempt

hk29

Beta member
Two days ago, I could no longer access the internet (I have dsl, btw). When I opened up Mcafee firewall, it indicated that the program blocked 40+ programs trying to access my computer. The weird thing is, it all came from the same IP address: 192.168.1.1. It continuously tries to access/ping my computer (once almost every second). Now, I have over 500 cases of these attempts being made. Can this be a hacking attempt made by some outside program? I highly doubt that this is a benign source. Unfortunately I am unable to post a HijackThis log b/c I'm using another computer. If anyone recognizes this or has any idea what is going wrong, please help! Thanks for your time.

re:possible hacking attempt

hk29,

ok. I suggest two things.
1.) try running Spybot S&D after unplugging yourself from the internet
2.) try pinging the ip address that you received

a warning though with the pinging. 192.168.1.1 is the standard ip address for a linksys router. Are you on any type of network, because your business partner sitting right next to you might be pinging you to annoy you. I thkn that that is probably a hacking attempt. *If you have a router, try going into your router settings and block his IP address.*
I suggest that he is probably running some type of batch file that pings ur ip every second. It's quite possible. He might be trying a ping of death attempt. Just a thought. Disconnect ur computer or try changing ur ip address, that works sometimes too...

thecoolkidontheblock

I've tried searching for adware/malware with Spybot but nothing has come up. Unfortunately, there is no way of changing my IP Address either. I guess the only option left is to save my files, reformat the hard drive, and start all over from scratch....Thanks anyway for your help!

use a proxy server to change ur ip address it usually does every second or so judging how many resorces it gets. so try that i don't know any good sites but try googling for free proxies it'll change a couple of cookies but u should have no troubles with the hacker anymore.

Back
Top Bottom