Please help newb with spyware!

theoberman

Beta member
Please help newb with spyware! (or possible trojan horse)

I'm truly a newbie so please bear with me... the windows security icon on my system tray keeps flashing and saying that my computer is infected with spyware. When I click on this link to "help" the problem and get rid of the spyware a spyaxe ad comes up. I already have spybot, ad-aware, and anti-vir personal doing my spyware scans and detecting objects. After I'm done with this my computer still runs slow and the little winow keeps popping up. Can anyone tell me how to make the window stop poppingup and how I can make my computer much faster and clear it of almost all spyware. Is spyaxe also malicious because it keeps popping up on my scans. THANX.

Now it says I have a trojan horse. I"m doing a trojan horse scan with sygate personal firewalll. Is there any way I can delete it fast? Someone please hlep with these questions. I'd greatly appreciate it :(

start -> run -> msconfig -> startup
Use google if there is stuff that u are unsure of. Anything disabled there will not start up the next time windows does. It's an effective tool against viruses etc, but just make sure that u don't uncheck anything important since it could cause some serious problems to the computer.

Spybot and adaware run together can cause problems. They seem to think the other is spyware. Try uninstalling one (spybot first) and see if the problem goes away. I only run spybot but know that adaware is pretty good too.

CJ said:
Spybot and adaware run together can cause problems. They seem to think the other is spyware. Try uninstalling one (spybot first) and see if the problem goes away. I only run spybot but know that adaware is pretty good too.

Well I'm not saying it's not possible, but I've used both for years (and I know that alot of others have too) and I have never encountered any problems with the 2 running at the same time.

But it's still worth a try.

Re: Please help newb with spyware! (or possible trojan horse)

theoberman said:
I'm truly a newbie so please bear with me... the windows security icon on my system tray keeps flashing and saying that my computer is infected with spyware. When I click on this link to "help" the problem and get rid of the spyware a spyaxe ad comes up. I already have spybot, ad-aware, and anti-vir personal doing my spyware scans and detecting objects. After I'm done with this my computer still runs slow and the little winow keeps popping up. Can anyone tell me how to make the window stop poppingup and how I can make my computer much faster and clear it of almost all spyware. Is spyaxe also malicious because it keeps popping up on my scans. THANX.

using both together is effective enough, if you found out that you had a trojan on your hhd, you'll need to find out wich trojan you have, and search it out from a anti-virus site for the fix.

also is spyware malicious...yes, most spyware can cause your computer to freeze up/ restart for no reason/ and to cause programs to crash such as windows explorer / and your browser.

"So getting the spyware under control on your computer is a must"..

boot up in safe mode then try running your scanners

also check that its not hiding in things like your restore points its been known for viruses to copy them selves there for later recovery if its deleted

a name for the trojan would be easier to help you with

for all you no its sitting in your registry doing nothing or being used by someone else to preform ddos attacks (that would lag your computer)

also run a defrag etc that will help clear your computer up

A message came up saying what trojan it was but then it dissappeared. I think it had a 22 in it...I doubt that helps. Spyaxe appears on everything I click... could this be a problem? Alos has anyone had the problem where the widnows comes up on the widows security icaon...does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Now it says I have a spyware program OHB... on my computer.

OHB and spyaxe both sound like spyware/adware 2 me. and if the spyaxe is comming up alot than it's almsot most definatly spyware. do check in the msconfig and make sure that nothing related 2 spyaxe is checked 2 startup. then also like 135791 mentioned try going into safe mode and running ur scanners. i think the way 2 tell windows security center 2 shutup is 2 go 2 the security center start>control panel>security center and then click on the left change the way windows alerts me, or something like that. i'm running XP with no service pack so i can't look 2 tell u for sure. but then i think it may be there, uncheck virus protection and or firewall and that might make it stop. also a good program in the future 2 help prevent getting spyware is spywareblaster. it blocks alot of stuff and u can't even tell it's running lol. another thing 2 watch out for is when u see things like system optimizers and spyware checks/scanners and such u havn't herd of. they may even look professional but there loaded with spyware and such. make sure that what security and tweak/optimizing software u download is safe first by checking some other sources and see what they say about it. i myself have even download somethin like that and got desktop hijacked and it crashed my system!!! i was pissed lol. now i've become security obsessed as my friends say. even though right now i'm running so security whatsoever execpt firefox's popblocker...thats it. then again knowing i'm running on 2 4GB hardrives i could really care less wat gets on it :p

A message now keeps coming up that says that (iworm_attck_v122.02a). is infecting my computer. I've already done a virus scan but nothing comes up.

Back
Top Bottom