Major help needed

cba321

Beta member
About a year ago I ran spysweeper on my computer and found something called "spector pro". I shrugged and quarantined it, as I've seen a lot of spyware. However, as I go through the records and look at what this thing actually was, I'm terrified.

Its a hardcore survellance/spy program that costs money, and records literally everything that goes on on the computer. Companies use it to moniter their computers, parents for kids, etc. This looks like it is no mere trojan that you get from surfing around on the web.

I asked everyone in my house, and none of them installed this thing. So my question is, how would this have gotten on my computer in the first place? Could I honestly have gotten this from surfing the web? It seems highly unlikely...

Ok, looking in my spysweeper quarantine (where I had put away the spector pro), it says under "spector pro" that one file was found, and very interestingly, it is a component of spy sweeper itself: ztvunrar3.dll.

Does that mean that spector pro corrupted spy sweeper, or disguised/mutated itself to look like spysweeper? Could the real thing still be on my computer?

Back
Top Bottom