Folder lock

LawnBranch

Solid State Member
Can someone give me a folder locker that works for free and puts a password to a folder ?(windows 7)

Ty

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Oh and it's very important that it will have no time limit Ty

If its a folder for serious security information then having a program on your PC called "folder locker" is just going to highlight the fact that you have a locked folder, 3rd party folder security programs sooner or later mess up and render the folder itself useless or completely inaccessible, its better just to do it with the OS itself.

Use the administrator account, make sure it is password protected and then in the security tab in the properties of the folder, edit and set the permissions to "deny all" for each remaining user account, then mark the folder as hidden.

Additionally you could use the gpedit.msc utility (its part of your OS) to deny access to the "show hidden files and folders" option. Then only the Administrator would be able to see it, and access it.

You can find gpedit.msc guides via google, but be warned, don't go mad with it, keep track of the settings you change, its a lot like editing the registry in terms of changes that could drastically affect your PC. Gpedit.msc is a very handy part of the OS, its usually what is used by all those "tweak your PC" types of programs. You can also hide entire drives with it.

You could alternatively just put the folder on a flash drive and use a portable security program installed on the flash drive, then that way its not even on the PC. Or put it deep in your System32 folder and just give it a name similar to the folders in there, then mark it as hidden, I doubt there are many people who know exactly what every folder does in there, I sure as heck don't lol. As long as you are the only Administrator then you will be the only one who knows its there or where it is.

Back
Top Bottom