does anyone know any good firewall/spyware programs?

volcom1

Beta member
So, i want to check to see if i have spyware in my computer. I know, there are many more other programs that check for spyware than Ad-aware, but i found that it was good. Everytime i use it though, it deletes and finds a lot of it, seeing as i don't use it quite often, just every once in awhile, but then some of the other software i use constantly doesn't work anymore. I don't even have a firewall. I used to have Zone alarm, but it kept interfering in what i usually did, so i got rid of it. I currently use Windows 98, but my other has XP and i find that XP has way, way more problems than in 98, the one i use more frequently. Does anyone know any good firewalls that won't interfere in what i do, to where i could unblock it instead of having to fool and look around for it? I use AIM, and it blocked the Direct IM Connections which i use a lot too. Also, if there's a program i use that has "spyware" in it, do you know of a program that searches for spyware, where it would tell me what program it is, and ask for a prompt before it deletes?

Thanks in advance. :)

Do you have money to spend get hold of Norton Internet Security and download Microsoft anti-spy ware for free, what a deal and that should keep you safe.

Some user will say get hold on McAfee its the same as Norton but its up to you.

To purge of spyware: Spybot Search and Destroy
Ad-Aware
Spyware Blaster--->to keep yourself clean of
spyware before it happens.

Now I have Zone Alarm Security Suite and it works fine for me. I have never had an issue with it ever. It seems like the people that have issues with it are these AOL, Kazaa, Neo-pet freaks. No offense. A free firewall would be Sygate, I used it for a while but I am in love with Zone Alarm forever so it wasn't the same to me. A free anti-virus that I have never tried but I heard that it is good is AVG. The Zone Alarm Security Suite comes with anti-virus.

Microsoft Antispyware All you'll ever need to stop Spyware and indeed RealPlayer or other such crappy program you need to play certain files but you don't want to let it take over your PC as it so seriously wants to and is programmed to :D

If you want the undisputed champion adware program, get free adaware:

www.lavasoft.com Heavily tested and proved best program from www.download.com

recommended firewall: zonealarm www.zonelabs.com

I would personally trust no other. Zonealarm once protected me from a virus attack!

Norton is mostly good for viruses and no other program!!

Good luck

You should get adware and Microsft Anti-Spyware also if you get the xp sp2 it comes with a firewall but its not the best out there but its better then nothing

Back
Top Bottom