creating a user account on someone elses computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1kesrule

In Runtime
is it possible for me to make a new account on someone elses computer with out logging on as any body or is it possible for me to make an account on my computer copy the files on to a flash drive and then put it on another comp?

If this is done on someone elses computer it IS illegal, & if you start a new thread on the same subject on any forum, you'll be in trouble, & I may ban you.

I believe you could make a temporary user but i can't tell you the details, it is considered "illegal".

It would be much easier another way but i can't tell you... sorry. Your best bet is google.

Use command prompt
I try to make my own accounts on my school computers although it is not allowed :p

B1kesrule said:
is it possible for me to make a new account on someone elses computer with out logging on as any body or is it possible for me to make an account on my computer copy the files on to a flash drive and then put it on another comp?
Whether or not you don't have the other person's permission, this seems illegal to me.

What are other member's [official] views on this?

Well, copying all the documents and files of a user and without telling us whether he has permission to makes me suspicious, even more when he doesn't want to log out ...
And even more suspicious since its someone elses computers and we could be helping him to get administrator rights to a computer that he does not even own ...

If this is legal, eg, the computer is yours, or you are working for a company that has instructed you to do this, then my view is that this is fine...

If your intentions are not so nice then My view is this is illegal...

However...
No it is not possible to create accounts unless you have administrator priellages on that machine. so you cannot create an account without logging in...

If you are using your computer, yes you can create a new account, Log in and create one, then there is nothing to stop you copying files to another machine using a flash drive, however when you take that drive to the other machine you'll still have to log on.

Well, getting administrator privileages (bad speller, so it is probably wrong) is easy, just boot in safe mode and then go into the administrator account
But you can also trying creating one from command prompt, something that you can even do on the guest account by typing in command.com in a notepad and saving it as a batch file, from there you can just type in 'net user 'username' /ADD'
Please use this only if your doing something reasonable, such as if you were asked to, not something mischievious such as trying to mess with someone elses computer

dyserq said:
Well, copying all the documents and files of a user and without telling us whether he has permission to makes me suspicious, even more when he doesn't want to log out ...
And even more suspicious since its someone elses computers and we could be helping him to get administrator rights to a computer that he does not even own ...
As you can see, I've read him the riot act, as they say

Maurice

technoman said:
no you cannot
Be more specific, who is this aimed at?, I'm beginning to get tired of having to ask
angry8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom