Bizarre Issue - i just dont get it!!??

ric949396

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I'm in a bizarre situation that I can only attribute to a security breach. Here is what's going on.I use Microsoft RRAS to VPN into my office LAN from home. My IP scheme behind my firewall is 10.0.32.xx static and for DHCP for RRAS clients which is 10.0.40.xx.

So, Im in my VPN and I try to remote desktop one of my web servers and it will not respond. I go to ping it and it responds back an odd IP I've never seen before. Instead of responding back with 10.0.32.xx I get 67.63.55.3 !!! What is this??!! Ive never seen this IP before. There is a NAT rule in my firewall because this is a web server but I check the firewall and the NAT is fine. I also checked the server and the binding and the internal IP is fine. I checked DNS – all OK. I ran a virus and spyware scan and the server is CLEAN.

The NAT rule for this server is 75.127.224.xxx to 10.0.32.xx.
So, where in hell is 67.63.55.3 coming from???

Im stumped.. i really need help here.

No.. all i have is a Sonicwall 4060 going straight into a Netgear switch ( unmanaged ) and then to the LAN... im really stumped on this because that IP is obviously a public IP and yet i have no idea where its coming from.

Back
Top Bottom