Any tips to remove redirect viruses?

techie1

Solid State Member
Hi all,

Are there any tips to remove redirect viruses from the PC?

And is there a tool which prevents these redirect viruses?

Thanks in advance.

There are a lot of Browser hijackers that are just installed as normal programs, check your installed list. I had one recently that I got from some RAR software, called 'Delta Search' - Removed it via the programs list, ran a quick scan with Avast and it was finito.

I had one that wouldn't let me open Windows Updates. I used Malwarebytes. It found it and removed it without trouble.

Hi all,

Are there any tips to remove redirect viruses from the PC?

And is there a tool which prevents these redirect viruses?

Thanks in advance.

The umbrella term "Virus" is kind of funny...

To kill anything under that "Umbrella", just run Malwarebytes, then Combofix. You'll be good to go. After those two, go ahead and run CCleaner and the reg portion of CCleaner. If you're on XP defrag the computer after that. Go in that order and your computer will be better off than it was before ;) Unless you're just concerned with a virus, then Malwarebytes and combofix is for you.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, i am asking about browser hijackers.

MalwareBytes also cannot remove some kind of new viruses.

@dale Can HijackThis prevents the browser hijackers or it just tells us about the infection?

Can't we save our browser settings permanently?

HijackThis cannot prevent hijackers, but it can remove hijackers. It is important to check through the HijackThis log first because it is a very powerful tool. Using it to "fix" (there's a fix button) your system without knowing what's going on can really mess things up.

Thank You dale.

Can you provide me the official link to download HijackThis?

Is it a free tool?

Yes, it is free. It is available on SF. If you are not comfortable posting the log here, you could use this site to analyse the log (but like all automated things, you have to look through the results yourself).

Back
Top Bottom