Annoying "Messenger Service" Pop-Ups

Diggs

Beta member
I know they're virus related. Can anyone help me to get rid of these stupid pop ups?

They pop up at the start of log in and then there's like 10 of them one right after the other.

here's some images of them i snapshoted and uploaded to another site. i didn't know how to upload the images here:

p402817.jpg

p402819.jpg

thanks!

This definately isn't a virus, it may be included with a virus, but in nature, it is spyware and adware, make sure that you download Ad Aware, Spybot Search And Destroy and Microsoft Anti Spyware and then update their definitions, boot in safe mode and then run full system scans ... you might want to clear your system using CCleaner in case anything is hiding somewhere in the temporary internet files ...

another helpful thing that I found was this, in addition to your advice:

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Scroll down to Messenger, right click on it and select Properties. Next to Startup type, select Disabled and under Service status, click the Stop button. Click Apply > OK and your good to go.

i've noticed this on a fresh install of xp, basically updating to service pack 1 will stop the problem..

Back
Top Bottom