WTS: EVGA Superclocked Geforce GTX 260

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
Hi, I bought this card from a friend a couple of months ago for $40, don't ask me why, I have no idea why he sold it to me for that much. I cleaned out the heatsink thoroughly a couple of weeks ago and it runs pretty cold (43 idle - 52C load). I don't know if its the superclocked or the regular 260. Thermal paste is still good. Fan at max is pretty quiet. Has auto shutoff feature to keep it from frying itself(system turned off while playing FC2 when I first played it, fan was at a meager 30%) When I got it, the plastic on the logo hadn't been taken off yet. Looking for a newer AMD card and want to sell this one(6790 or 6850). Its got 896mb of 384-bit GDDR3 Ram, and the tech on it is 55nm. Requires 2 6-pin power connectors.

I'm not selling it until I get my new card, but I would like to know what it would bring if I did sell it.

you can easy find out if it is the superclocked version. just download Gpu-Z and check the mhz. there are 2 you are looking for. there are the stuck mhz under that, you can see what is currently is at.
btw. it is not just a 260, but a GTX 260 core 216 version . it have the same chip (the gt200b) as the 275 and the 285 just locked. so it is much more powerfull then the standard gtx 260. i had this card and i really like it. still have it.
it was a overclocking monster.

i don't know what you can sell it for that i am from denmark and our prices can compare.
but not much i think because that computer hardware looses value vary fast.
why not just overclock it to the limit and see if the performance isn't good enough for you. it was for me for a LONG time. great card. it is going on my wall, just for shit and giggles. i have had so much fun with it trying to overclock it.

oh cool, i think i opened the evga utility and it said something along the lines of 625mhz?

ahhh is see. in know exactly what card is is then. it is the first OC'ed version of that card, the SC version. i have the second, the SSC version.
but it is still the same card. i know for sure that you can pull it up to 700mhz without raising the core voltage. i can go little higher than 720 mhz but thats also because that i have the SSC version. i think it has a higher volt from standard.
if i am wrong about that my card has higher standard volt then yours, then you can easy go to at least 720 like i had.
i don't know what you can get with higher volt. i have not tweaked the volt yet. so i dont know the result. but try setting it at 700 and the memory clock at 2100 and go from there.
when you reach the limit you can think about raising the volt, but you need to be aware that it can be dangerous to your card. so do it at your own risk.

Back
Top Bottom