Windows defender is finally there

Yeah those are not the kind of privacy issue I'm talking about. That's not even the website's fault. I mean, as SG said, they let you decide with who you want to share stuff. If you are using that tool poorly that's on you. And also, if you are an idiot that posts pictures of your children naked (I've seen that many times), then I'd say you almost deserve that happening to you. (You doesn't necessarily mean you here.) Instagram started removing pictures of naked children because of morons posting pictures of their own young children naked, and then this people complained about that. Give me a break.

I'm talking about, for example, Facebook selling your email address and buying patterns to companies so they can send you advertising. What's so bad about that? A little bit of spam in your spam folder?

Everyone want Facebook to be free, regulated, unbiased, fast, etc. And on top of that, they want Facebook to make no money off of information they upload to their website. It's unbelievably greedy and naive.

PS: I have no idea how stalking is here, but I don't think that it's an issue at all here.

Last edited:
Wait, posting clear and detailed pics of children, and naked? Who in their right mind would do that?

I was actually talking about normal stuff like for example car with the plate number and city one lives in. In the web forum I left, many people refused to give their real names and the city they live in. But never mind that.

Widows defender, anyone?

;)

Yeah. For example, your 2 year old kid is playing in the mud naked, you take a picture and upload it. Tons of people do that and then they get angry when they get reported and their posts are taken down. Even if Instagram (or any platform, really) rules clearly prohibit it. Granted, most people reporting are just doing it because they know it'll be taken down and it'll annoy you. Either way, it's like "Have you met the Internet, moron? Don't you know that there are pedophiles and trolls using it?".

I use avast, and think it is the best antivirus proggram ever, IMAO but I want to add that antivirus is not always a good means of protection, especially for a local network. I work as a manager, and in our company one employee launched a serious virus network that caused a lot of damage to our company. Since then, we have been using not only an antivirus, but also a staff monitoring program, SoftActivity

Windows Defender has now implemented the ability to run within a sandbox. According to this article: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/mi...-defender-antivirus-can-now-run-in-a-sandbox/it is the first AV software to include this ability. It's not enabled by default at this point but can be manually enabled.

I enabled it on my system, don't notice any performance hit. The only way for me to know it's actually running is to check for the process described in the article above.

I am having a issue with the windows defender in my windows 7 64 bit system. The error message is "the program is turned off If you want to use this program Click here to turn on.. WTF??? I don't have any other program for antivirus or anything other than Glarys Utilities. I don't have much in windows 7 that would get harmed with a bug but still cannot figure out why? Clicking the turn it on button times out with error code: 0x800705b4. Any ideas?? I cannot find a way to remove the program so i can reinstall it.

Windows Defender has now implemented the ability to run within a sandbox. According to this article: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/mi...-defender-antivirus-can-now-run-in-a-sandbox/it is the first AV software to include this ability. It's not enabled by default at this point but can be manually enabled.

I enabled it on my system, don't notice any performance hit. The only way for me to know it's actually running is to check for the process described in the article above.

That's interesting. I never heard of such a thing. Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom