Window 2000 Server Attack.. Help

xtacy2004

Beta member
Hi.. I am new to this forum but I really need help on this... There is this server that we play multiplayer squad game on.. Its hosted on a window 2000 dedicated Server.. heres the problem... People started to learn how to screw up the server to reset.. They goto telnet and connect using the IP and port of the game server.. After which they type "close" while they are in telnet and exit the telnet..

By doing that... the game server is shutdown and restarted.. kicking everyone of the game.. The owner of the server doesn't know how to prevent this from happening and its really screwing up for everyone.. The server is hosted by http://theplanet.com

Is there anyone to prevent this from happening? Thanks

I don't see why you would need to have that service running for a gaming server. So have them disable the telnet service if they/you don't need it.

excatly.. lots of servers at that datacenter had lots of unneded services running. I had a reseller account at a reseller for the planet. and my linux server was loaded with lots of junk and was very slow. often times wasnt security beefed up. lots of them are "left as default" and then they leave them alone and charge extra for just turining security features on.

Back
Top Bottom