Website Log

Nevaeh

Beta member
My employer sent me a laptop that I can use for work at home. I am connected to the internet using a router connected to the modem provided by my ISP. Can my employer track my web activity, i.e. sites visited, chatting, streaming, etc using the IP address of the computer that he sent me? I am not busy at work so I have a lot of time surfing the internet. I checked the pc, th IPv4 is currently that of my router. Please help. Thank you.:flowers:

They may or may not be something that's viewable in the control panel, but if they are viewable you'd likely lose your job for uninstalling them. It is their laptop so they have say on what you can/can't do with it.

Also, if you connect through a VPN at all there there is a chance that they log everything you do through that.

Yes there can be invisible programs on that lappy that can shoot emails to your boss.
However forgive my being just a tab bit rude but...
Your boss loaned you a company laptop to conduct company business on. Not to play on. If you have a lot of down time during business hours then use your own computer to get on line. What would you tell them if you sucked down a virus and the lappy was rendered useless?

Back
Top Bottom