Viruses and other great stuff

AMichelle

Beta member
Ok.. so im new here.. and im not too sure if this is the right area to be posting this.. Ok so i have spysweeper and i update/run it regularly, however it seems to have missed a whole bunch of things that Adware SE picked up. I was surfing online one night and i decided to download the free scan. I didnt think it would find anything however it found a BUNCH of bonzi buddy traces. Since i dont actually own this program i use it to erase all this stuff. I tried to do a search by typing in the location.. but the computer didnt find anything. All of the traces start like "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. A few of the other things it found were a btv_dialer and a spyware program called "belcaro_goldenretriever" but again when i typed in the location to search for the file..it found nothing. Ive tried to google a lot of the locations and i got nothing..If theres anyone that can give me adivce on how to fix this issue that would be awesome..

You can download Adaware SE Personal for free (it is free). As for the 'traces' starting with "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", that means that they are some registry entires. Download Adaware SE Personal and run it. That should take care of it for you.

Also, it is very wise to run more than (1) spyware / adware detection-removal software. Not all are created equal but Spyware Search and Destroy, along with Adaware SE Personal are a good duo.

thanks.. ill check those out.. I was looking in my Processes tab.. and i saw this process called "{B9807C3D-B3DD..." and it doesnt finnish the name.. is this a virus? Ive NEVER seen anything like this..

Nor have I. Best bet is to update then run virus scans. Does it say who initiated the process, i.e. SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK SERVICE, etc...?

Local service i think.. but it wasnt there anymore when i last checked.. another weird thing that i see when i bring up the tast manager is this:

svchost.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe NETWORK SERVICE
svchost.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe NETWORK SERVICE
svchost.exe LOCAL SERVICE
svchost.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe SYSTEM

.. Its odd ive never seen anything like that before either..

Back
Top Bottom