Virus cannot be killed

Bucky24

Baseband Member
Hey. I have a virus (I think) that posts itself as a system process and takes up all of my memory. It also keeps me from shutting down or putting my comp on standby. I have to push the power button. It is really irritating, but I can't get it to go away. I have scanned with AdAware, SpyWare Killer, and AVG, and I have also formatted the drive. It still is around. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to kill it?

maybe its not a virus, maybe its just a huge program. Is there any programs in your Add/Remove Programs list that you can not remember installing if the answer is yes then uninstall it.

Also if you have time repair install Windows and see what happends.

I take it you updated AVG?

Well, I haven't installed a program for three weeks, and I am sure it is a virus because I re-installed Windows and formatted the drive and it is still there. And yes, I have upgraded AVG.

Arrrgggggg...

The shutdown and stand by problems really makes me think it's a hardware related problem. Test all your hardware such as memory and the pci cards. Take them out and reseat them and keep going. Test everything.
Also if you're overclocking then come out of warp speed and try it from default settings.
Let us know what happens.

Well, this is a laptop, and It's hard for me to get into it. I did test the RAM though, and no change. I don't think my computer can run on overdrive.

This sure looks like a hardware problem did it hapen directly after installing

what is the process called that is taking up all of the resources?

The process is called SYSTEM, and it is a system process, so I can't get rid of it. And, no, I have not installed anything lately, except re-installing the operating system. I have Windows XP, if that is any help.

for me, system process, strted by system, using 220k mem, 00 CPU time.

I suggest that you search the computer for a program called system.exe

if you really want to kill it then search for an application called tlist.exe and one called kill.exe

you can end the protected system processes with those tools.

Back
Top Bottom