Unwanted Keylogger

Stabering

Solid State Member
I was wondering how i would go about finding a keylogger i think my step-mom put on my computer. (Because she is not my guardian i believe it is illegal anyways)

She asked to use my computer today and made me give her my password, so i think something is up.

I dont know if my security will find it if it is manually installed, like if she does it.

So if i do have one, how do i find it and destroy it?

Please post back, if she did I really dont want her snooping around on my computer.

If she installed it, it should be in the Add/Remove Programs in control panel. Some anti-viruses will pick up the keylogger (if it exists) depending on what it is.

My first step would be to boot into safe-mode and change your password.

As for the legality of it all, does she pay/help pay for internet, or the real owner of the computer?

No, i paid for the computer myself, so it would be my parents computer under law and i have a seperate internet from hers, she works from home and her company pays the internet for her. Nothing on my computer is connected to hers and she doesnt pay for it or has paid for it.

No, i paid for the computer myself, so it would be my parents computer under law and i have a seperate internet from hers, she works from home and her company pays the internet for her. Nothing on my computer is connected to hers and she doesnt pay for it or has paid for it.

Assuming both are broadband I have never seen anyone have to internet services at the same location. I could understand Dial-up backup though...

You also need to think about the chances of your legal guardian asking that it be installed and she was just the means of it going in, which is legal.

My dad (parents divorced) doesnt know heads or tails of a keyboard, ley alone any program that runs on it. I doubt he would ask her to do it.

Im not sure how the two internets work, but i have roadrunner and we each have a seperate cable and different ip and everything so that me having three computers hooked up to one internet doesnt bother hers. I used to have to be off my computer when she was on or it would lag her to hell.

Back
Top Bottom