Unable to uninstall Norton 360

themighty

Beta member
I just bought a new computer which came with a trial version of Norton 360. I've opted for AVG Free instead, but now I can seem to uninstall Norton. It was previously in my "Add or Remove" list in Control Panel, andclicked this and changed my mind a few days ago. Now I'm sure I want to uninstall it, but it's no longer on the list. Because I clicked on it the first time, but then cancelled, does my computer think I've uninstalled the software? Is there any way of getting rid of it? It still pops up at start up, and is in my taskbar, but I can't find any way of uninstalling it.

I just bought a new computer which came with a trial version of Norton 360. I've opted for AVG Free instead, but now I can seem to uninstall Norton. It was previously in my "Add or Remove" list in Control Panel, andclicked this and changed my mind a few days ago. Now I'm sure I want to uninstall it, but it's no longer on the list. Because I clicked on it the first time, but then cancelled, does my computer think I've uninstalled the software? Is there any way of getting rid of it? It still pops up at start up, and is in my taskbar, but I can't find any way of uninstalling it.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Did you figure it out okay? If not, feel free to contact me or post again for others to help. I also might add that I'd not recommend Nortan for any reason. AVG is a great choice, and so is Avast! i hope I helped out some.

Back
Top Bottom